Friday, January 13, 2006

some pretentious novel.


I painted this back in September after returning from my honeymoon. The wedding was finally over and I could finally relax.

It'd been years since I'd even thought of painting something, so I was looking forward to this. I wanted to do something simple and easy in order to assure instant satisfaction. At first, that's what I got. It came together quickly. After all, it was simple, flat color.

Then my wife made the unpleasing (yet accurate) observation that the wall was too plain. "It needs bricks or something." So I laid tracing paper over the thing, drew some half ass perspective lines and plotted out my bricks. Then I selected the "keepers" by outlining them with a black Sharpie. Finally I cut out each individual brick and used the hole as a template.



I should've never picked something with a brick wall because I haven't painted anything since. Maybe I need ritalin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home